|Presentations 2012||Presentations 2013||Presentations 2014||Presentations 2015||Presentations 2016||Presentations 2017||Presentations 2018|
6th International Conference Buddhism & Australia
2-4 February, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
The Buddhism & Australia extends its sincere thanks and appreciation to Professor Clive Barstow, Dean of Arts & Humanities and Edith Cowan University for hosting the 6th international conference Buddhism & Australia
A special thank you to Mr Keith Yong, City of Perth Councillor and Mr Peter Stuart, Hon Consul for Mongolia for inspiring words to the conference participants.
We are grateful to Ashin Indaka and his fantastic team of WA Theravada Buddhist Myanmar Association and to dedicated helpers Mrs Hong Bui and Mrs Khin Mar Swe for their kind help.
A big thank you to Ven Thich Nu Huu Tinh for introducing the Pho Quang Temple in Marangaroo to the conference participants.
- “Not instant soup!”: Negotiating belief in a Tibetan Buddhist forum by Maria Sharapan
- Advancements And Challenges Of Buddhist Nuns In Bangladesh by Ven. Shakya Priya Barua
- From Cover Girls to Monastic Banking by Nick Swann
- What is happiness? by Ashin Indaka
- Buddhagaya, The Light Of Asia And Struggle For Spritual Mastery by Ven. Dr. Varasambodhi Thera
- Buddhism in Bangladesh : A Brief History by Professor Dr. Dipankar Srijinan Barua
- Buddhist Philosophy & Mindfulness by Dr. Aparna Sharma
- Need of value based education in the twenty-first century: Perspectives of Buddhism by Pramila Bakhati
- Early Buddhist Critique of the Brahminical Theory of Varṇadharma and Svadharma by Ashin Sumanacara
- Comparative study of the Compassion sutra (Mahayana Maha karuna Dharani sutra) with Early Buddhism
- A Dynamic Explanation Of Gods In The Theravāda Buddhist Social Philosophy by Dr. Sadhana Ratna Samanera
- History and Influence of Buddhism in Mongolian Society by Urangua Jamsran and Sharaa Munkhtsag
- The Transmission of Buddhism in the West by Mamun Barua
- What’s a Buddhist to Do in the Face of Global Environmental Collapse? by Dr. Ian Cook