Prof. Wong Wah Sang
Dr. Wong Wah Sang joined the Department of Architecture of HKU since 1990. He is currently Associate Professor of the Department. On various occasions, he had served as associate head, acting head and acting dean for the Faculty of Architecture. He taught in various courses for design, technology and practices in the BAAS and MArch curriculum as well as acted as supervisor and examiner for MPh and PhD students in HKU.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Qualified architect in Hong Kong SAR, UK and Australia.
- BA(AS)(First Hons), BArch(distinction), PhD(HK)
- FHKIA, RIBA, ARAIA, APEC Architect, Registered Architect in HK, Authorized person
- Awards for Architecture
These include Research Output Prize (Faculty of Architecture) , HKIA Honourable Mention on architectural research, Literati Club Awards for Excellence: Outstanding Paper , Design award for Urban Renewal Competition in Lee Tung Street , Honourable Mention for HKIA Design Competition.
- Editorial Work
- Member of Editorial Board for Studies in Sociology of Science, Studies in Sociology of Science in Canada<br/
- Peer referee for International Journal of Design Education
- The first Editor-in-chief and current Advisor for HKIA Journal
- Member of Editorial Board for “Series of guidance for Buddhist Sutras and commentaries”,
- Editorial Board for Nyingmapa Series, Buddhall, Taiwan, with publications of books :
- Research and publications
Major research themes include : Architectural education for secondary education, health issues related to building design, residential buildings, urban renewal project, conservation, technology, practices and management, architectural design and theories, Buddhist architecture.
- Community/Public Services
Various involvement in the professional institution and government.